The church is available for weddings, for members and non-members. If you would like to know more about holding your wedding in the church, please email the minister, Rev. Fiona Reynolds at or phone 01382 699183.

In the meantime, here is some information which you may find useful.

There is no fee for the use of the church, although we ask you to make a donation.

A combined fee of £160 is charged for the services of the Organist and the Church Officer.  If you are not a member of the Church, we also charge for the use of the building, bringing the total to £330.  Where the service is being recorded, by law there is an additional sum payable to the Organist depending on whether you make a sound (£45 extra) or a video (£90 extra) recording.

There is no fee payable to the minister. 

Only your professional photographer(s) is permitted to take photos during the ceremony.  Other guests may take photos after the Schedule has been signed and/or the final blessing has been given.  If you are having the service recorded on Video/DVD, this should be done from a fixed-position camera.  

Monifieth Parish is an eco congregation, as such we ask that any confetti thrown is biodegradable (e.g. natural flower petals or made from corn/rice paper). 

Marriage Schedule  
The most important thing for you to organise is the Marriage Schedule (or Licence - the names are used interchangeably) as this is a legal requirement.

To obtain this, it is necessary to make an appointment at the Registrars Office.  

Angus Council has three Registrars offices

Montrose Arbroath Forfar
The Town House,
High Street,
DD10 8QW
Old Parish Church
Kirk Square
DD11 1DX
9 West High Street,
Tel: 03452 777778 Tel: 03452 777778 Tel: 03452 777778
Email: Email: Email:

You must apply at least 8 weeks before your wedding for the necessary permission, so it is best to err on the safe side and apply 10 weeks beforehand. You must also bring the Schedule with you to the rehearsal or on the day itself. 

The forms and other information can be obtained from 

After the wedding, the marriage has to be registered. This is done by returning the Marriage Licence to the Registrars Office within 72 hours of the wedding, and is usually undertaken by the Best Man or a reliable family member.

Click here for information from the Registrar.

This website is powered by Church Edit| Privacy Notice